Tuesday, January 27, 2009

 

"Time Enough At Last"

Remember that episode of The Twilight Zone, in which Burgess Meredith, playing a bank teller, only wants time to read? (He gets it, as the sole survivor of a bomb blast, but then accidentally breaks his reading glasses. But that's beside the point.)

I'm there.

I have two books open on my nightstand, and another 30 in the closet awaiting reading. The kitchen counter has a stack of magazines I have yet to crack open. There are 25 programs on my DVR and another 84 scheduled to record in the next two weeks. And I'm not even taking into account maintaining my presence on Facebook and LinkedIn.

I'm on media overload. Maybe I'll catch up by the time I retire. Or maybe I'll just lock myself in the bank vault like Burgess Meredith's character did. Good thing I'm nearsighted.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?