Tuesday, September 16, 2008

 

I am NOT the Crazy Cat Lady!

I prefer to think of myself as a one-woman Brangelina of the cat world. No, I haven't added any kitties to my brood, but no one's adopted the little ones, either. Here's what I've tried:

Flyers. I have flyers in locations all around town. I've had plenty of calls, and plenty of empty promises ("Sure, we'll come by Saturday around 2 p.m. to take a look." No one comes.)

Word of Mouth. My friends and family have been great about spreading the word at schools, stores and businesses. Unfortunately, this has attracted only the people who already have more cats than they can handle.

Petfinder.com. If this is anything close to what online dating is like, I'll remain single, thanks. I've received dozens of barely literate replies that I strongly suspect will lead me to some unsavory sites or subject me to a mailbox full of spam. People in Iowa, West Virginia, and Louisiana (What? You people don't have kittens where you are?) have all sent me disturbingly similar emails - generally involving a member of the clergy and a six-year-old daughter who just lost her pet and wants a new one by "WENSDY." One somehow thought I was offering "puppez. U send pic 2 me, OK? What they eat?" and I kind of got the idea she wanted to trade the six-year-old for the "puppez."

Yes, I've considered the local no-kill shelters, and I just can't do it. Why should they spend their days in cages when they could be romping around the house or curling up next to their mother? Besides, the local newspaper runs photos each week of shelter pets up for adoption. If I gave the kittens to a shelter and then came across their photos in the paper, I'd lose it. Big time.

So, I've stocked up on litter boxes (LOVE this), have been watching Jon & Kate, Plus 8 (if they can handle eight kids, I can surely...), have the roomba vacuum going daily, and have been saying that it could be worse. Yes, I'm donating to the place in this video:



Comments:
I love our two kitties – don't get me wrong.

But you and my wife must never meet.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?