Saturday, August 25, 2007

 

Cleaning

The new job starts September 4. I've been giddily cleaning out my e-mail, files and cubicle in anticipation of the move across the street and into a much better situation. But it seems like every freakshow has come out of the woodwork this week to ask me obscure questions to which only I would know the answers -- completely in the spirit of "get her before she leaves." In keeping with this week's dual themes of cleaning and coming up with weird stuff, here are some odds & ends I've been saving:

1. What I've been listening to: The podcast of Rosemary Goes to the Mall. Is it a somewhat whiny saga of myriad shopping trips or a statement on consumerism in modern culture? I haven't decided yet -- I'm only halfway through -- but I wish the website had pictures of some of the things she's bought and returned. I really want to see the shotgun shell toilet seat cover.
2. It's San Francisco! In Jell-O!
3. A former co-worker of a former co-worker created this brilliant invitation to "Hawaiian Shirt Friday."
4. The Grand Guignol way of keeping cool: Calvin & Hobbes snowmen in real life.
5. Masterchip Theatre: Snack food goes to drama class.
6. This will make you shudder... celebrities in everyday photos.
7. Are Disney animators recycling some well-known scenes? See for yourself.
8. These two items would be great for office puppet shows.
9. The world from a cat's view.
10. The modern equivalent of sending yourself flowers.
11. Do "fat-bottomed girls make the rockin' world go 'round?" Queen guitarist Brian May would know; he recently earned a Ph.D in astrophysics.
12. I'm enjoying the fake ads at Brandspankin'.
13. For those of you who have had enough of those magnetic ribbons:

14. Very cool art project.


15. Love this, especially considering where I work: iPhone: The Musical.
16. The local sheriff's office is embroiled in scandal. The sheriff's campaign manager has been accused of money laundering, somehow by handing out envelopes of cash to random teens and reporting them as Optimist Club scholarships. I love this quote about one teen: "...he did not fill out an application, he did not know the name of the organization that awarded the scholarship money, he didn't know about an organization named optimist, nor does he know what the word optimist means." Yep, that's a scholarship winner!

Let's all be optimistic this week!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?