Sunday, March 25, 2007

 

Home

I've moved! I bought Mom's house -- the house I grew up in -- and am selling the condo I've lived in for the last 22 years.

Mom always wanted me to have the house. Actually, she always wanted me to have a covered garage; she hated the idea of my carrying groceries up three flights of stairs in pouring rain. Whenever she'd bring up the topic, I resisted. She was never going to die, right? And I really couldn't see how my furniture would fit in a mid-'60s colonial-style ranch house. But the first time I set foot in the house after Mom passed away, everything clicked; I knew exactly where all my furniture would go and what colors I'd paint the walls. I like to think I had some help from above.

This was my home from when I was six years old until I was 24. And now, it's home again. I always wanted an older home with a history. I just never imagined I would be part of that history.

Comments:
Outstanding! I'm tickled for you.

I used to think it would be cool to buy one of my grandparents' houses after their passing. Even if it had been possible, it would have been a hell of a commute back and forth between here and northeast Ohio.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?