Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

Karma or Schadenfreude?

We had to take Mom to the emergency room Thursday (looks like it's just a reaction to her new medication -- whew!) When I stepped out of the room to make a call, I heard a man yell, "Peggy?" I turned around and it's...

The Worst Boss I've Ever Had. Really.
(Even worse than the chain-smoking pregnant woman who couldn't hang up the phone without screaming the F word.)

This is the person who caused me to document every action for Human Resources, even though he was barely human and a lousy resource.

This is the person who caused all his co-workers to think, "Maybe he's the CEO's love child; that would explain it."

And this is the person, who - while I was on vacation - caused my co-workers to storm his boss's office, and say that I wasn't just crying wolf and either he goes or they do. By the time I got back, he had been moved to a non-supervisory position.

After he got laid off two years ago, he took a job as an assistant manager at Walgreen's. After six months, they got rid of him, too. He's been unemployed ever since.

And he begged me to hire him.

Y'know, it's really hard to say, "Look, you evil son-of-a-bitch, you got exactly what you deserved" while he's in the emergency room with his 90-something-year-old dad.

But it's really easy to think it. And smile.

Comments:
I'm just smiling because I just happen to know the meaning of schadenfreude without having to look it up. And my wife thinks The Simpsons is lacking any redeeming value...
 
I love karma.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?