Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Passing

A friend of mine passed away a little over a week ago. We used to work together about 10 years ago, and hadn't seen each other very often since then. I followed his career through gallery notices; he was thisclose to making it big in the art world. He'd already made it big among his friends.

I always thought of him as the naughtiest elf in Santa's workshop. Here's why:

Years ago, he gave me a set of Christmas cards that he designed and silkscreened. I couldn't send them to anyone; they were just too precious to me. This Christmas, in Danny's memory, I'll hang them around my home, saying a "thank you" for getting to know someone who made work fun.


Comments:
He sounds amazing. Nice post.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?