Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

Art is Where You Find It

Loads o' links today, all covering some sort of public art or wild and wonderful display of creativity:

1. An infinite photo collage. Maybe all the stoners were right and the world does fit inside a giant's fingernail.
2. Recently I read Ellen Hervey's New York Beautification Project. Rather than tagging a building with graffiti, she painted miniature landscapes on the structure, in the style of Constable or Corot. The only people who gave her grief over the project were the NYC police. Most passersby were hopeful that the building was being renovated. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
3. Those of you who know me know I love vintage neon and old street signs. To me, this is another New York Beautification Project.
4. Remember Bert, the sidewalk chalk artist from Mary Poppins? These artists put him to shame.
5. Amazing origami.
6. Migraine sufferers are invited to paint their pain. I remember seeing an exhibit of migraine art about 10 years ago. I identified most with the profile view of a head that had a blazing orange-red blob at the base of the skull and black oil shooting out of the eyes.
7. Mmmmm.... chocolate. Life-size rooms. In chocolate. Bury me here.
8. Courtesy of Pop Culture Junk Mail, a step far beyond "Wash me!"
9. Your chance to be a tortured artist and icon of the '50s. Lee Krasner not included.
10. I love this more than I can possibly say. I want to find an outpost of this group in San Antonio. Be sure the read of their exploits in Best Buy and their cell phone symphony.
11. This giant marionette walked down London streets last May. She's part of a larger project derived from a Jules Verne tale. Creepy... and fascinating. (Sorry, am having trouble embedding the clip. But it's definitely worth a look.)

Comments:
That collage was amazing!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?