Monday, July 17, 2006

 

The Demon Painter of Fleet Street

Of course, once I got my gorgeous new cork kitchen floor, I knew my walls would look ratty. So this week, I've gotten rid of the navy pindot wallpaper and replaced it with paint -- deep, rich, and dark red.

Well, that's how it looks now, anyway, after three coats. After the first coat, the kitchen had an unsettling slaughterhouse tone to it -- especially gruesome considering my knife block . Any accident with the paint tray and I'd look like Carrie at the prom. And I just noticed a few dribbles of paint I got on the freezer. Perhaps a little too...umm... Daumeresque?

On the plus side, it's been great for my diet. I haven't been able to eat any red meat.

Comments:
I had a pretty pleasant mental image of your kitchen improvements until you verbally turned it into an abbatoire.

So you really bought one of those knife blocks you were talking about?
 
I live to serve, Foo. The kitchen looks fantastic now, but that first coat had me worried.

Yes, I really did buy the knife block. Came in handy, too. I complimented a workman for installing my screens so quickly, and he said, "Ma'am, I saw your knives. I figured I'd better move fast."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?