Friday, March 10, 2006

 

"..."

The world has turned upside down; Mom was just diagnosed with cancer. Even at my most eloquent, I couldn't begin to describe the effect she's had on everyone she's known. We've spent the past couple days getting tests and meeting with doctors. She's 81, so I don't know how much she can take physically. But emotionally and mentally, she's as strong as they come. We'll just see what happens next.

The surgeon gave her a colorful pamphlet about what to expect, and I couldn't help but laugh. The illustrator had made the two patients in the booklet look exactly like Dubya and Spiro Agnew. I love the idea that there's a low-paid cartoonist somewhere getting his jollies by drawing conservatives in hospital gowns.

Comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Peggy. Cancer's scary enough when you're half your mom's age and strong so you can fight, and I know it has to be difficult for you not knowing what the future holds.
 
Thank you so much for the kind words -- they really are a comfort!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?