Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

Drink THAT in, pal!

So I'm at the wine shop looking for something with a little character (liquid or human), and a twenty-something guy is conducting a wine tasting.

Only he's not.

Instead, he's obviously bothering the clerks, loudly protesting that he can't find a girlfriend to cook for him and iron his shirts. (Check the calendar... yep, it's 2006.)

It's beyond joking; it's beyond post-adolescent cockiness. It's damned annoying.

No, I couldn't help myself. I swear, I couldn't.

I stopped dead in the middle of the store, and said -- just as loudly -- "What's stopping YOU? You have two good arms; you can iron. You can read a wine label, so you can read a recipe. And what makes you think a girlfriend can cook or iron any better than you?"

His jaw flapped around a little bit, but no sound came out. And I got a very good discount on my wine.

Comments:
Preach IT, sistah!

:-D
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?