Friday, December 16, 2005

 

Blitzen

Apologies for any misspellings and more-incoherent-than-usual ramblings. I've just destroyed some of my favorite brain cells.

It started the Sunday after Thanksgiving. That's when Chow Magazine said one should mix all the ingredients for The Best Eggnog Ever. Milk, cream, a dozen (?!) egg yolks, plus rum, bourbon AND cognac (?!?!). Let it "cure" for a few weeks; by Christmas week it would be ready.

OK, so I jumped the gun a little.

The color was gorgeous -- just a shade lighter than Bailey's. (I want walls that color, but I'm afraid I'd lick them every day.) I poured it into my glass and it flowed like silk. I've never seen anything so completely luscious. I raised the glass to my lips...

::: whoa:::

Slammed. A single knockout blow of rich, scrumptious liquid Novocaine. I'm good at holding my liquor. I can make a margarita that will... oh, never mind. But a sip of eggnog did me in.

Damn, tomorrow's gonna hurt.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?