Sunday, October 02, 2005

 

Booklust

I keep telling myself, "Do NOT buy any more books until you finish the waist-high stack in your closet." So what do I do? I buy more books. Just got a box from Amazon last week and I already have a shopping cart of eight more waiting. Of course, if I waited until I plowed through the pile, I'd be heading into the holiday season. Two of the books beg to be savored during cold, rainy November days: Making Time, a biography of Lillian Gilbreth, and The Deep Dark, an account of the Sunshine Mine disaster.

Latest on my recommended list: Candyfreak, by Steve Almond. Oh, my, my! I actually blushed while reading the section on Kit-Kat Darks. This is not a simple journalistic account of America’s regional chocolate treats. This is confectionery erotica, Anais Nin with a sweet tooth and a sense of humor.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?