Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

See how Katrina would've affected you:

This was also mentioned at Pop Culture Junk Mail, but it deserves another posting: This site overlays the area of Katrina's damage to New Orleans on major U.S. cities. You can't really comprehend its impact until you see how much of your hometown would be affected. If the flood had been in San Antonio, my family and I would be safe, but my place of employment would be under water. So would all the beautiful old buildings downtown, the Alamo, and curiously enough, the Riverwalk.

Comments:
Wow. Now that's instructive.

sheesh.

(I won't dwell on the fact that I live on top of a very tall hill in Seattle, and it would probably not reach up here. That's not the point.)
 
An update: I actually used this map as a fact to amaze my new juniors on the first day of class. It worked. Thanks--you helped awaken some teenagers in Seattle.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?