Wednesday, September 21, 2005

 

A Mighty Wind

Well, this should be interesting... Some friends and I had planned to go to the Austin City Limits Music Festival this weekend. I love this event and I go every year -- great music, fun environment, a nice little weekend away. The company I work for has a big presence at the festival and I've been putting in plenty of extra hours to ensure we're ready for the crowd. I'm even going up a day early to train our volunteers.

Maybe.

Hurricane Rita may have other ideas. Austin's prepared to take up to 40,000 evacuees from Houston. But they're not prepared to do so during the biggest event of the year. We'll just see how this plays out. You can check here for live streaming video of the event. If you see Town Lake overflowing into the park and a bunch of hippie-wannabees being tossed around by high winds, you can bet I'm holed up in my hotel room with a stash of Larabars & a bottle of tequila. Wish me luck.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?