Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

The Not-So-Amazing Race

The best reality show ever is about to take a giant leap over the shark. The cast for TAR8 (the family-friendly version) was announced today and... ugh. Lots of blonde highlights and Chiclet-teeth, lots of perky people straight out of the casting call for "7th Heaven." I'm not wild about the show's tendency to cast models (Derek & Drew from TAR3, excepted), but this is ridiculous. Where's the diversity?

And where's the adventure? They're sticking to the Americas. Great landmarks, for sure, but --as someone who's traveled quite a bit -- I'd much rather see a roadblock in Singapore than in Epcot. I'd rather see the contestants maneuver their way through language barriers & culture clashes. This is shaping up to be a trip to Wally World. I just hope I'm wrong. That being said, TVgasm did a great job today of showing what challenges a family could encounter in the race.

(For those of you checking the time I'm posting this, yes, I'm missing the season 3 finale on GSN. I know what happens. It's not pretty. I want a re-match, with Ken & Gerard as the winners. And just because it can never be said enough, "Shut up, Flo.")

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?