Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Mental Junk Mail

What I'm listening to:
The sampler from the annual music issue of Oxford American. Eclectic doesn't even begin to describe it. Joe Tex, Al Green, Bubble Puppy (remember "Hot Smoke & Sassafras"?), Nat King Cole, Johnny Winter, Bessie Smith, as well as a group of yodeling sisters who sound like Minnie Mouse on helium. Oh, and some Ugandan schoolchildren.
What I'm reading:
Some magazines that have piled up: Texas Monthly, The Nation and Chow. Plus a book, U&lc: Influencing Design and Typography, a collection of the best of U&lc magazine. I started getting the magazine back in college, and drooled over each issue until it was discontinued six years ago. I still remember a 1980 special edition that explained how important computers would be to the world of design. It seemed like such an unreal look into the future -- like flying cars. Who knew?
Annoying tune that's stuck in my head:
"Solfeggio." Also known as the tune played by the Nairobi Trio on the Ernie Kovacs Show.

Kitty!
I could spend all day here.

Separated at Birth?
The cavemen from the Geico commercials and Val Kilmer?

Comments:
Hey hey!

Why dincha tell me you were starting a blog? Congratulations!

I didn't know about your celiac disease. Glad the doctor was able to find a cause for your symptoms and that you're feeling better.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?