Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Dear Diary...

What I'm listening to: The latest sampler from Paste magazine, specifically, Master of Disaster by John Hiatt. Hmmm.... probably not the best song to kick off this venture.
What I'm reading: Caramba! A Tale Told in Turns of the Card by Nina Marie Martinez. An entertaining departure from my usual non-fiction.
Annoying tune that's stuck in my head: The theme to Super Chicken. No, I don't know why, but it pops up occasionally in the jukebox of my mind. Also not a good way to start this off. I guess I knew the job was dangerous when I took it.

Anyway, I've never been much for the diary thing. I always figured I'd die in a horrible accident and the only thing left to identify me would be a little bound journal, detailing day-by-day what mayhem I wanted to wreak on the bitch who cheated off me in Chem class or who wore what to where and how awful they looked. The embarrassment from beyond the grave would kill me off again. And when I go, I don't really want to cause a lot of trouble for anybody.

But as I lurch towards that end, I realize we all need some sort of pulpit. This will be mine, although it's not really political, social, religious, or possessed of any sort of theme. It's really more a collection of mental Post-Its (R). Bear with me. I'm just getting started.

Comments:
Well, I for one am happy that you have joined us in the noisy web world. After all, every one of us goes through daily mayhem. Leaving a record behind makes it easier for the next one.

Welcome!

Shauna
 
OMG I can't believe a blast from the past! Glad you're still around and kicking ...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?